cloven hooves The Personal Is Political Gender Critical Video Wrong Bodies: a documentary about the trans "cult"

Video Wrong Bodies: a documentary about the trans "cult"

Video Wrong Bodies: a documentary about the trans "cult"

Daisy
Kozlik's regular account 🐐🌼
Jul 16 2024, 10:56 AM
Full documentaru available on X (Twitter) here: https://x.com/wrongbodies/status/1811125941541687316

Discussion on Ovarit.

Kozlik's regular member account. 🐐🌼
Daisy
Jul 16 2024, 10:56 AM #1

Full documentaru available on X (Twitter) here: https://x.com/wrongbodies/status/1811125941541687316

Discussion on Ovarit.

Kozlik's regular member account. 🐐🌼

Jul 23 2024, 4:48 PM
Not a bad documentary, but I felt like it appealed to emotional responses too heavily, what with all the emotional music (too much Running Up That Hill, they could've just done a "book ends" type thing where it plays in the beginning and the end for a more meaningful impact... despite the song having nothing to do with the topic).

I think it would be better if they had chosen to first establish what transgenderism is, and how the logic and science of it both fall apart. How important it is to shed the idea of "souls" and therefore gendered souls, how sex is innate and immutable, to show the claims of the transgender community and then counter them with arguments that break those claims apart. Use the "59% of transgender people who aren't given permission to use their desired restroom in the workplace commit suicide" segment to show that data for it does not exist, how that is a ludicrous statement with no basis in reality, how that percentage would actually mean a certain number of deaths that just isn't real. Pointing out the fact that there's that one statistic surrounding transgender suicides that was just invented out of nowhere, and how this number is peddled around frequently, despite no factual backing.

I also think its segments felt randomly placed, "that was that topic, now let's move to the next one". Linking one segment to the next would make it flow better, like you're going down the rabbit hole, instead of making several separate holes. But that's not a big issue, it's still worth a watch.

Rad-aligned and full supporter of radical feminism. If I say anything wrong, please educate me! Click here to visit my Tumblr blog.
gretchenantwort
Jul 23 2024, 4:48 PM #2

Not a bad documentary, but I felt like it appealed to emotional responses too heavily, what with all the emotional music (too much Running Up That Hill, they could've just done a "book ends" type thing where it plays in the beginning and the end for a more meaningful impact... despite the song having nothing to do with the topic).

I think it would be better if they had chosen to first establish what transgenderism is, and how the logic and science of it both fall apart. How important it is to shed the idea of "souls" and therefore gendered souls, how sex is innate and immutable, to show the claims of the transgender community and then counter them with arguments that break those claims apart. Use the "59% of transgender people who aren't given permission to use their desired restroom in the workplace commit suicide" segment to show that data for it does not exist, how that is a ludicrous statement with no basis in reality, how that percentage would actually mean a certain number of deaths that just isn't real. Pointing out the fact that there's that one statistic surrounding transgender suicides that was just invented out of nowhere, and how this number is peddled around frequently, despite no factual backing.

I also think its segments felt randomly placed, "that was that topic, now let's move to the next one". Linking one segment to the next would make it flow better, like you're going down the rabbit hole, instead of making several separate holes. But that's not a big issue, it's still worth a watch.

Rad-aligned and full supporter of radical feminism. If I say anything wrong, please educate me! Click here to visit my Tumblr blog.