cloven hooves The Personal Is Political Women's Rights Article Creating a care economy that supports women and helps communities thrive

Article Creating a care economy that supports women and helps communities thrive

Article Creating a care economy that supports women and helps communities thrive

Daisy
Kozlik's regular account 🐐🌼
Jun 24 2024, 7:16 PM
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, June 24 2024.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/ideas/articles/womens-economic-power-child-care

Quote:For many women, the ability to fully participate in the economy is only possible when they have access to affordable high-quality child care.

Quote:[A]ccess to quality and affordable childcare is very important to me. It enables me to focus on my job knowing that my child is safe. This is not unique to her, or to me, or even to African women; around the world, women are struggling with access to high-quality, affordable care for their children, their elders, and family members with disabilities.

And this is only one side of the equation. Equally important, yet nearly invisible in the policy discourse, are the countless women working in the care economy; women whose choices are too often nonexistent, whose stability is wholly dependent on their employer, and who are denied the dignity of economic freedom while simultaneously propping up much of the economy.

Kozlik's regular member account. 🐐🌼
Daisy
Jun 24 2024, 7:16 PM #1

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, June 24 2024.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/ideas/articles/womens-economic-power-child-care

Quote:For many women, the ability to fully participate in the economy is only possible when they have access to affordable high-quality child care.

Quote:[A]ccess to quality and affordable childcare is very important to me. It enables me to focus on my job knowing that my child is safe. This is not unique to her, or to me, or even to African women; around the world, women are struggling with access to high-quality, affordable care for their children, their elders, and family members with disabilities.

And this is only one side of the equation. Equally important, yet nearly invisible in the policy discourse, are the countless women working in the care economy; women whose choices are too often nonexistent, whose stability is wholly dependent on their employer, and who are denied the dignity of economic freedom while simultaneously propping up much of the economy.

Kozlik's regular member account. 🐐🌼