cloven hooves The Personal Is Political Institutional Sexism Single Chinese women in their 30s are escaping the country to pursue higher education

Single Chinese women in their 30s are escaping the country to pursue higher education

Single Chinese women in their 30s are escaping the country to pursue higher education

Daisy
Kozlik's regular account 🐐🌼
Jun 24 2024, 7:31 PM
Business Insider, June 24 2024.

https://www.businessinsider.com/unmarried-chinese-millennial-women-escaping-west-masters-phd-degrees-2024-6

Quote:Some single Chinese women — fatigued from the social stigma of being unmarried and childless — are opting to run away altogether.

Quote:[One women] added that she had received many questions from Chinese people asking her why she didn't wish to start a family and stay home for good.

"In contrast, in England, no one asks me about my age. No one cares about that number," she wrote.

She compared the freedom she has in the UK to the expectations she faces to abide by social norms in China — to graduate by 22, marry by 28, and have a child at 30, or bring embarrassment to yourself and your family.

Kozlik's regular member account. 🐐🌼
Daisy
Jun 24 2024, 7:31 PM #1

Business Insider, June 24 2024.

https://www.businessinsider.com/unmarried-chinese-millennial-women-escaping-west-masters-phd-degrees-2024-6

Quote:Some single Chinese women — fatigued from the social stigma of being unmarried and childless — are opting to run away altogether.

Quote:[One women] added that she had received many questions from Chinese people asking her why she didn't wish to start a family and stay home for good.

"In contrast, in England, no one asks me about my age. No one cares about that number," she wrote.

She compared the freedom she has in the UK to the expectations she faces to abide by social norms in China — to graduate by 22, marry by 28, and have a child at 30, or bring embarrassment to yourself and your family.

Kozlik's regular member account. 🐐🌼