cloven hooves The Personal Is Political Reproductive Rights Social Media African midwives successfully performed C-sections in the 19th century

Social Media African midwives successfully performed C-sections in the 19th century

Social Media African midwives successfully performed C-sections in the 19th century

Daisy
Kozlik's regular account 🐐🌼
Jun 27 2024, 9:55 AM
TikTok video reposted on Tumblr.

https://www.tumblr.com/being-kindrad/754457701436850176

The facts in this video appear to be verified by the Verify website in this article (archived for safety): https://archive.ph/l0nb0
Edited Jun 27 2024, 6:26 PM by Daisy.

Kozlik's regular member account. 🐐🌼
Daisy
Jun 27 2024, 9:55 AM #1

TikTok video reposted on Tumblr.

https://www.tumblr.com/being-kindrad/754457701436850176

The facts in this video appear to be verified by the Verify website in this article (archived for safety): https://archive.ph/l0nb0

Jun 27 2024, 12:02 PM
That second link leads to a youtube page and not whatever website it looks to lead to. I have no clue what's up with that...

Rad-aligned and full supporter of radical feminism. If I say anything wrong, please educate me! Click here to visit my Tumblr blog.
gretchenantwort
Jun 27 2024, 12:02 PM #2

That second link leads to a youtube page and not whatever website it looks to lead to. I have no clue what's up with that...

Rad-aligned and full supporter of radical feminism. If I say anything wrong, please educate me! Click here to visit my Tumblr blog.

Daisy
Kozlik's regular account 🐐🌼
Jun 27 2024, 6:27 PM
(Jun 27 2024, 12:02 PM)gretchenantwort That second link leads to a youtube page and not whatever website it looks to lead to. I have no clue what's up with that...

How odd! It is working for me. I changed it into an archive link, so hopefully that works properly.

Daisy
Jun 27 2024, 6:27 PM #3

(Jun 27 2024, 12:02 PM)gretchenantwort That second link leads to a youtube page and not whatever website it looks to lead to. I have no clue what's up with that...

How odd! It is working for me. I changed it into an archive link, so hopefully that works properly.

Jun 27 2024, 9:13 PM
(Jun 27 2024, 6:27 PM)Daisy

Yep, I can see the archived article, thank you!

gretchenantwort
Jun 27 2024, 9:13 PM #4

(Jun 27 2024, 6:27 PM)Daisy

Yep, I can see the archived article, thank you!

Jun 28 2024, 5:15 AM
Wow! Just goes to show how important midwifes are, even though the medical industry looks down on them. According to some scientists we are the only primates who help each other give birth!

Also find it interesting that the first successful C section in the British empire was performed by a woman, James Berry.
Berry
Jun 28 2024, 5:15 AM #5

Wow! Just goes to show how important midwifes are, even though the medical industry looks down on them. According to some scientists we are the only primates who help each other give birth!

Also find it interesting that the first successful C section in the British empire was performed by a woman, James Berry.