cloven hooves The Personal Is Political Violence Against Women Sexual Assault & Rape Social Media Woman is raped by husband two months after getting a double mastectomy due to breast cancer

Social Media Woman is raped by husband two months after getting a double mastectomy due to breast cancer

Social Media Woman is raped by husband two months after getting a double mastectomy due to breast cancer

Daisy
Kozlik's regular account šŸšŸŒ¼
Sep 05 2024, 4:40 PM
Reddit post on r/AITAH: https://www.reddit.com/r/AITAH/comments/1f9v82e/aitah_i_want_a_divorce/

Temporary_Wealth_534 Throwaway for privacy.

I (45F) had a double mastectomy due to breast cancer. Two months later, my husband (45M) demands we have sex because ā€œitā€™s been too longā€. He basically issued an ultimatum. So I finally agreed but asked him to not touch my chest. I had tissue expanders in and everything there was extremely sore.

He agreed but in the middle of sex he started grabbing my chest. It hurt. I begged him to stop. He didnā€™t listen to me, just kept going.

Iā€™ve been trying to forgive and forget and move past it but I canā€™t. I told him I want a divorce and applied for an apartment. He tells me Iā€™m being dramatic and that he didnā€™t cause any permanent damage. I donā€™t think I can ever trust him again. My family is telling me Iā€™m overreacting, that men have needs. Thatā€™s the only reason Iā€™m here. Theyā€™re telling me that expecting my husband to honor that boundary was unrealistic.

AITAH?

An edit by OP later:
Temporary_Wealth_534 Update: An apartment is opening up next week. Iā€™ll take the day off and move out while heā€™s at work. Thanks everyone for supporting me. Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t quit my job like he wanted me to when I found out I have cancer. I would have been stuck with him.

Kozlik's regular member account.Ā šŸšŸŒ¼
Daisy
Sep 05 2024, 4:40 PM #1

Reddit post on r/AITAH: https://www.reddit.com/r/AITAH/comments/1f9v82e/aitah_i_want_a_divorce/

Temporary_Wealth_534 Throwaway for privacy.

I (45F) had a double mastectomy due to breast cancer. Two months later, my husband (45M) demands we have sex because ā€œitā€™s been too longā€. He basically issued an ultimatum. So I finally agreed but asked him to not touch my chest. I had tissue expanders in and everything there was extremely sore.

He agreed but in the middle of sex he started grabbing my chest. It hurt. I begged him to stop. He didnā€™t listen to me, just kept going.

Iā€™ve been trying to forgive and forget and move past it but I canā€™t. I told him I want a divorce and applied for an apartment. He tells me Iā€™m being dramatic and that he didnā€™t cause any permanent damage. I donā€™t think I can ever trust him again. My family is telling me Iā€™m overreacting, that men have needs. Thatā€™s the only reason Iā€™m here. Theyā€™re telling me that expecting my husband to honor that boundary was unrealistic.

AITAH?

An edit by OP later:
Temporary_Wealth_534 Update: An apartment is opening up next week. Iā€™ll take the day off and move out while heā€™s at work. Thanks everyone for supporting me. Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t quit my job like he wanted me to when I found out I have cancer. I would have been stuck with him.

Kozlik's regular member account.Ā šŸšŸŒ¼